domingo, 6 de marzo de 2016

“THE SURRENDER OF GRANADA”

“The surrender of Granada” is a painting of the painter Francisco Pradilla y Ortiz completed in 1882, locates in the Conference Room or Hall of Lost Steps of the Palace of the Senate of Spain.
It is an oil on canvas of large dimensions: 3,3 meters high by 5,5 meters wide. Plays the moment when, after its defeat in the War of Granada, King Boabdil hands over the keys of the city to the Catholic Monarchs, Isabel of Castile and Fernando II of Aragon, the 2 of January of 1492.
Pradilla received from the Senate commissioned to perform this work after the success he got his picture Doña Juana La Loca.
He was charged reproduce the taking of Granada carried out by the Catholic Monarchs at the end of the Reconquista, an event that should be seen as a “representation of the Spanish unit”.


http://images.artelista.com/artelista/obras/big/5/4/7/2578027532708015.jpg

5 comentarios:

  1. Sorry,I have forgotten to write my name.I am Eva Martínez García

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Sorry,I have forgotten to write my name.I am Eva Martínez García

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I´m Aitana, good job :)

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I really like your entry. Gog job!!
    Esther Rivier Salinas 2ºA

    ResponderEliminar